It doesn’t matter whether you’re trying to get through to your gas and electricity provider, your insurance company or your local GP Practice. Constantly getting an engaged tone or being on hold for more than a few minutes is frustrating. It is a huge negative and no matter what sector you’re operating in, it can alter a person’s perception of the service you’re providing, considerably.
Some of those negatives include:
- Getting an engaged tone
- A phone constantly ringing out
- Getting through to an answering machine
- Too many options
- Being put on hold even after the options have been selected
Telephone systems need to be driven by your patient’s needs and they should be able to adapt to changes within your practice easily and effectively.
To understand the above better, here are a few questions that are helpful for any Practice Manager to answer:
- When was the last time you thought about your telephone system?
- Have you had to listen to many complaints from your staff and/or patients that use the service?
- Did you inherit the current system?
- Has your practice recently grown in size but your telephone system capabilities haven’t?
- Does the number of daily incoming calls outweigh the capabilities of your staff?
GP Practices are extremely busy places where demand can suddenly surge due to many varied external influences. Telephone systems and alike can suddenly seem like the least of a practice manager’s priorities. However, having the right system in place can ease some of the burden and improve the way the surgery operates.
If you are able to consider updating or changing to a better system in the next 12-24 months, then do look at all your options.
Fifteen Digital provide systems that are bespoke to a practice’s needs and requirements. We then continue to provide exceptional help and support post-installation.
“Fifteen Digital carried out an assessment and came up with a total solution that suited all of our requirements, their advice was very beneficial and the service from the installation engineers was second to none. Not only was the project completed within time and budget, but the after sales service was excellent!”
Louise Paul, Practice Manager
Little London Surgery
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of the team for an informal chat about the issues you’re currently experiencing.